Production of the next-generation Saturn Ion small car will shift from General Motors Corp.'s Spring Hill, TN, assembly plant to its Lordstown, OH, factory, The Cleveland Plain Dealer says. The move reportedly will occur in 2008. The Lordstown plant currently builds the Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac Pursuit small cars, which share GM's Delta platform with the Ion. GM is not confirming the story.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM May Relocate Ion Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642