General Motors Corp. begins ordering ZF Group's S6-650 transmissions for its 1-ton Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra. First launched in Ford Motor Co.'s F-Series pickup trucks in 1997, ZF's renamed S6-650 Ecolite transmission will appear on mid-2000 model GM pick-ups. GM expects about 25% of trucks ordered will have the 6-speed Ecolite transmission.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM orders ZF 6-speeds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642