DETROIT General Motors Corp. will build fullsize pickups that run on ethanol (E85) fuel and gasoline. The E85 compatibility option will be offered on some 1500 series Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras that have a 5300 Vortec engine. GM already offers the option on some compact trucks and SUVs. Production is expected to start early next year and 50 orders have been placed by Monsanto Co., a leading agricultural firm.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Plans Ethanol Pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642