BEIJING – General Motors Corp. is developing a minicar in a bid to checkmate any future moves by Tata Motors Ltd. relative to its Nano super-economy small car that soon will go on sale in India and other emerging markets. “We’ll introduce a new Chevrolet minivehicle, one of three new China entries in the next two or three years,” GM Asia/Pacific President Nick Reilly tells reporters at Auto China 2008 here. “The (base) mini will be on the shorter end of that time range.” The all-new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Plans Minicar Rival to Nano for China, India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642