General Motors Corp.’s Flint, MI, Powertrain Flint South Engine Plant builds its 1 millionth Vortec 4200 I-6 engine. The engine debuted on GM’s ’02 midsize SUVs, which include the Chevrolet TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy and Oldsmobile Bravada. It also will power the new Buick Rainier. Production of the engine began in 2001 at the plant.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Powertrain Plant Builds 1 Millionth Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642