CHICAGO – General Motors Corp. sources say Chevrolet and Saturn have put a hold on dealer orders for the hybrid Chevy Malibu and Saturn Aura sedans. Chevrolet dealers have a large supply of unsold ʼ09 Malibu hybrids in inventory, and the decision was made to work down those inventories before considering production of ʼ10 models. The fact the highway mileage rating for the hybrid Malibu is nearly the same as the 4-cyl. gasoline engine version has contributed to the inventory buildup, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Puts Hold on Malibu, Saturn Hybrid Output to Clear Stocks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642