DETROIT – General Motors Corp. is nearly ready to join the auto industry’s growing fascination with carbon fiber. GM likely would debut carbon fiber applications on Chevy Corvette or another premium vehicle. Dave Hill, GM vehicle line executive-performance cars, says the auto maker has completed research and development work and is preparing to put a carbon fiber program into production. “It’s not something you can take to the bank,” Hill tells Ward’s. “We don’t know when ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Readies Carbon Fiber Program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642