General Motors Corp. recalls about 597,000 large SUVs because of reports some people have pinched their fingers between the seats and head restraints. Affected are ’00-’02-model Chevrolet Tahoe, Cadillac Escalade and GMC Yukon and Denali built from September 1999 through February 2002. GM says it will install a plastic shield over the head restraint mechanism to prevent pinching. The auto maker says it has received 14 complaints of pinched fingers, 10 of which affected children.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Recalling Large SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642