General Motors Corp. says it is merging its Allison Transmission Div. into its GM Powertrain division, effective immediately. GM Chairman John F. Smith Jr. says this is an internal GM reporting change and will not have any effect on employees, Allison customers, distributors, dealers or suppliers. The Allison brand and name also will continue. "Aligning Allison with GM Powertrain, a recognized leader in the industry and one of the worldâ€™s largest powertrain producers, will enhance GMâ€™s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMâ€™s Allison Transmission Now Part of Powertrain Div." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642