BROWNSTOWN TWP., MI â€“ General Motors Co. Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre softens a bold profit prediction made yesterday but says he remains confident the auto maker can maintain its market share this year, despite shaving four brands from its business. â€śWeâ€™re going to be introducing some new models, including (the Chevy Volt),â€ť Whitacre says of GMâ€™s strategy to stem seven consecutive years of U.S. market-share losses. â€śObviously, we have a perception to overcome with consumers,â€ť he tells ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMâ€™s Whitacre Clarifies Profit Prediction, Expects to Hold U.S. Market Share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642