CHANTILLY, VA – Quickly rolling its award-winning 2.4L 4-cyl. Ecotec gasoline direct-injection engine into more products globally, General Motors Co. says it could source the motor from additional plants if supplies get tight. GM just added the Ward’s 10 Best Engines winner to the ’10 Buick LaCrosse premium sedan. Mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and built in Spring Hill, TN, the powerplant is available in the lower pair of LaCrosse’s three trim levels. Next year, the engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Sees Few Capacity Restraints for 2.4L GDI Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642