General Motors says it pulled ahead production of the new-for-’13 Chevrolet Malibu Eco to get a jump on the competition, and the revised schedule will keep the current model in the market at the same time. “There will be about a 6-month overlap,” says Malibu marketing chief Russ Clark. “The focus with the new (version) is to get very clear messaging and focus on the styling and technology in the car.” It is not unprecedented in the U.S. to sell a previous-generation model alongside a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Sell New Malibu Alongside Previous Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642