General Motors Corp.’s Shanghai joint-venture plant has added a shift to meet increased demand for the vehicles it produces. The addition of the extra shift at Shanghai-GM Automotive Co. Ltd. will hike monthly output at the plant 50% to 18,000 units from the current 12,000 vehicles on two shifts, say reports. GM Shanghai will begin output of the new Buick Excelle sedan in September. The vehicle will base at RMB149,800 ($18,143) and GM hopes to produce 35,000 Excelles this year. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Shanghai Adds Shift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642