General Motors Corp. further shortens the life of a doomed truck plant in Canada, while adding several weeks of downtime to the January production schedules of three U.S. plants and one in Canada. The actions come as GM scrambles to conserve cash while also setting the stage for the next round of Washington hearings next month when lawmakers expect to be briefed on the auto maker’s recovery strategy. Detroit-based GM will be joined by its crosstown competitors, Chrysler LLC and Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Slashes Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642