General Motors Corp., already redefining supplier/automaker relationships with its “Current Savings” program, says the 4-year contracts worth $11.7 billion it signed last week with steelmakers for 18 million metric tons of steel does take into account reselling the material to components manufacturers. “We have a very active resale program, and part of the steel purchase was for that resale activity where we purchase it and provide it to our suppliers,” says John Stiles, executive director ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Steel Deal Includes Resale to Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642