SANTA BARBARA, CA – Chief Financial Officer John Devine says General Motors Corp. still is determining the extent of the write-down of its 20% stake in struggling Fiat Auto SpA. GM paid $2.4 billion in July 2000 for the equity interest. But the auto maker indicated during its second quarter earnings report that it plans to take a significant write-down of its investment. “There’s nothing really new on that,” Devine says. “We’re going through the evaluation process. We’ll tell you more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Still Weighing Fiat Impact on Bottom Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642