Corp. unveils at the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress in Detroit its Technology Integration Vehicle, a rolling showcase to demonstrate 50 advanced-technology features delivering the utmost in automotive safety, performance and convenience.
Engineers from GM's Concept Vehicles and Performance Div., in partnership with suppliers, undertook the project to help the SAE commemorate its 100th anniversary.
- A spectacular navigation system without maps.
- A sophisticated electronic limited-slip differential that imparts extra stability and an infinite range of lock.
- High-output white light-emitting-diode headlights.
- A rapid passenger-compartment heating system that uses a liquid heat generator.
- Lightweight wheels incorporating carbon-fiber rims.
The vehicle is on display the entire week at the SAE Congress.