DETROIT – Making its debut on the high-performance Saab Aero SportCombi this fall is a new all-aluminum 2.8L turbocharged V-6 that also will be made available for the ’06 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan and 9-3 Aero Convertible. With 24 valves, variable intake valve timing and twin-scroll turbocharger, the new V-6 pumps out 250-hp and, true to Saab heritage, the performance centers on low-end torque. The turbo delivers maximum 258 lb.-ft. (350 Nm) of torque by 2,000 rpm and maintains it through 4,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM V-6 Turbo to Debut With Saab Hatchback" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642