DETROIT – Three months ago, the supplier community was in a full panic when it learned General Motors Corp. had a new get-tough policy allowing parts makers to easily be “de-sourced” from long-term supply contracts. The suppliers learned of the initiative through word-of-mouth from fellow executives and news stories, rather than from GM. Bo Andersson, GM’s vice president-worldwide purchasing, production control and logistics, now apologizes and takes responsibility for not having better ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Wants Quick Response on Pricing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642