As challenging as it will be, General Motors Corp. appears to be gunning for its third straight U.S. market share increase in 2003. The auto maker posted consecutive gains in 2001 and 2002 with penetration of 28.34% and 28.63%, respectively, after bottoming out at 28.31% in 2000. GM’s SUV inventory was up a whopping 71.2% heading into November. Although carrying market share figures to the hundredths of a percentage point may be splitting hairs, GM needs to raise its to-date ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Will Need Strong Sale Results to Notch Third Straight U.S. Share Increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642