SEOUL — General Motors Corp. is making an all-out drive to win public support in Korea in its push to acquire ailing Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. The U.S. automaker is taking part in the first-ever Korea Import Motor Show held here this month, where GM head John F. Smith Jr. visited May 9-10. “We're very disappointed that our proposal to acquire Daewoo last November wasn't accepted by the (Daewoo Corp. restructuring) committee,” says Rudolph A. Schlais Jr., president of GM's Asia/Pacific ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM woos Koreans in effort to win Daewoo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642