DETROIT -- I saw it coming the minute my fingers touched the keyboard. Even before that, I saw it coming when Joe Day, chairman and chief executive of Freudenberg-NOK, publicly chastised the auto industry for giving little more than lip service to the worthy cause of lean manufacturing. At a press conference announcing his own educational Lean Center, Day lashed out at both the Michigan Manufacturing Technical Center in Plymouth, MI, and former DaimlerChrysler manufacturing honcho Dennis ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"On Goes The Debate: Big Three Missing Lean Bandwagon, Consultant Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642