PARIS â€“ The Volkswagen Golf repeated its West European sales championship in 2008, achieving a 2.1% increase in a market that was down 7.8%, according to data from Mavel SA. Related document: Europeâ€™s Top Sellers in 2008 Golf sales totaled 560,230 units, including the Golf Plus. Of the top 15 models, only the Golf, Audi A4 and Peugeot 308 achieved increases during the year. Sales of the Renault Megane (including the Scenic), in its last full year before replacement, slipped 29.7%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Golf Retains Europeâ€™s Sales Crown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642