Reclaiming its title as the world's No. 1 tiremaker, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. completes its global alliance with Japan's Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. and now controls Sumitomo's Dunlop tire operations in North America and Europe. The deal adds $2.5 billion in annual sales to the Akron, OH-based Goodyear, which reported 1998 sales of $12.6 billion, down from $13 billion in 1997. Net income climbed from $558 million in 1997 to $682 million last year. The agreement gives ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Goodyear Closes Sumitomo Alliance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642