The Malaysian government says it will allow Volkswagen AG to buy a stake in Proton Holdings Bhd as part of an alliance to help the national car company compete more effectively. VW and Proton signed a cooperation agreement last October, with plans calling for the launch of local assembly of two VW models in Malaysia by the end of 2005. They include a version of the Brazilian-made Fox and a Passat-based car. Recently, the two have been in talks over VW taking an equity stake in Proton, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Government Approves Possible VW Equity Stake in Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642