CANBERRA – Holden Ltd. says it won't immediately hire workers from Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd.’s workforce in Adelaide, where an engine and foundry plant now are set for closure. The Lonsdale engine plant and foundry are among several plants Mitsubishi Motors Corp. in Japan announced on May 21 that will close as part of a new rescue plan. The parent company plans to cut 11,000 jobs, nearly a quarter of its global workforce, and will receive a $4 billion cash infusion to counter its $9 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Government Seeks New Use for Mitsubishi Plant Set to Close" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642