Joe Herman checked his Blackberry as he stepped off a flight in Los Angeles Sunday night, Aug. 28. “Every other word was Katrina,” he recalls. Herman, senior vice-president-operations for the Group 1 Automotive Inc. dealership chain, was on his way home to Houston, after vacationing. “We didn’t hear anything about Katrina while we were in the South Pacific,” he says. Group 1 convoy arrives in New Orleans. Early the next morning, even as Katrina began battering Alabama, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Group 1 Back in Big Easy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642