When the Ford GT goes into production next year, it will boast the industry’s first interior constructed from Azdel SuperLite, project insiders say. Much of Ford GT’s interior components are made of Azdel SuperLite. The original Ford GT was a racecar, so J Mays – Ford Motor Co. group vice president-design – demanded the interior of its descendant reflect this heritage. And it had to be done in 12 months. Suddenly, engineers became harried pit-crew members. But instead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GT Pit Crew Hustles Interior Innovation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642