GUANGZHOU — Officials of Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co. Ltd., which has begun production of the Accord sedan, say the biggest competitor they face in China is not the new Shanghai Buicks now on the market, but other Honda Accords smuggled into the country through the gray market. The China factory will build 10,000 vehicles this year, raising the output to 30,000 units in 2000. Another joint venture is producing the 2.3L engines for the cars. Honda Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly has spent about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Guangzhou Honda hounded by China's smuggled Accords" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642