SAO PAULO – Several manufacturers are looking into the possibility of producing electric vehicles in Brazil, including Italian and French auto makers, but only a tiny operation in the state of Ceará appears ready to test the waters. The promise of government backing to produce EVs has motivated Elifas Gurgel do Amaral to expand his factory in Limoeiro do Norte, near Fortaleza, Ceará, and begin producing prototypes using lithium-ion batteries. The factory is the beneficiary of financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gurgel First With EV Project in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642