Toyota New Zealand Motor Corp. says it has sold about 70 of its hybrid-powered Prius cars since October and expects sales to grow due to soaring fuel prices. The 1.5L gas/electric car sells in New Zealand for NZ$43,500 ($26,477) and now faces competition from Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s hybrid 1.3L gas/electric Civic launched in March. So far, about 20 Civic Hybrids have been sold in New Zealand. The car bases at NZ$33,000 ($20,086). Honda Marketing Manager Graeme Meyer says he expects high ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Higher Gas Prices Seen Fueling New Zealand Hybrid Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642