Hindustan Motors Ltd. is planning to assemble Mitsubishi Motor Corp.βs 0.6L 'i' minicar in India by the end of 2007, published reports say. The hatchback, which is sold only in Japan, will be imported in complete-knocked-down form and built at HM's Chennai plant. The Indian auto maker already produces the Mitsubishi Cedia and Lancer sedans and the Pajero SUV at Chennai under a technical agreement reached in 1998 with Mitsubishi. HM initially will increase capacity from 25,000 to 50,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hindustan Motors to Bring Mitsubishi βiβ Minicar to India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642