AUBURN HILLS – The launch of the “World Engine,” billed as the largest engine program ever launched in the industry, is on track, Chrysler Group officials insist. That is no small feat given the players and politics involved in a program that will spawn 2 million 2.4L, 2.0L and 1.8L 4-cyl. engines for about 20 different vehicles worldwide. They are being developed under the auspices of the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA) that consists of DaimlerChrysler AG, Hyundai Motor Co. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Historic Engine Program Under Way" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642