CANBERRA – The last Ecotec V-6 engine will roll off the line at Holden Ltd.’s Port Melbourne plant Aug. 6. The engine will be put on display at the General Motors Corp. subsidiary's headquarters. Since its introduction in the VN Commodore in 1988, Holden has produced 1.4 million Ecotec engines. The next model VZ Commodore, to be released in August, will feature the Alloytec V-6 engine now in production at Holden's new A$400 million ($293 million) engine plant in Melbourne. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Holden to Build Last Ecotec Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642