Holden Ltd. gets the go-ahead to produce the HSV 427C – a Monaro road racer with a top speed exceeding 185 mph (297 km/h) and a price tag of A$215,000 ($130,606). Only 50 of the 7L Monaro coupes will be built, despite firm orders for 76 cars, reports Holden Special Vehicles. HSV managing director John Crennan says the 427C would not be a road safety risk because of the car's price and rarity. "These are collectors' cars," Crennan is quoted as saying. "I doubt very much they will get ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Holden Gets OK for Monaro Racer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642