Honda Motor Co. Ltd. breaks ground May 30 on a new passenger-car assembly plant in Guangzhou, China, with joint-venture partners Guangzhou Auto Group Corp. and Dongfeng Motor Corp. The JV, Honda Automobile (China) Co. Ltd., is expected to begin production of small 1L-1.5L cars for export – primarily to Europe and Asia – in the second half of 2004. (See related story: Demand Exceeds Supply for Honda in China) Initial production volume is expected to be 50,000 units annually. Total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Breaks Ground on China Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642