Asian Honda Motor Co., Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s Bangkok-based Asia-Oceania regional division, plans to spend 6.2 billion baht ($207 million), on its second manufacturing plant in Thailand, a move that will double its production capacity to 240,000 units annually. Asian Honda President and CEO Tatsuhiro Oyama says the new plant will begin production in October 2008. The decision to build the facility is the result of the Thai government’s eco-car program intended to make the country a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Build Eco-Car at Second Thai Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642