At least 27 ’03 and ’04 Honda CR-V SUVs burst into flames shortly after their first oil changes, The Washington Post reports. No injuries were reported, but the fires destroyed many of the vehicles, most of which had been driven less than 10,000 miles (16,093 km). The National Highway Transportation Safety Admin. investigated the problem and determined the fires were the result of the dealerships or others who improperly installed the oil filters. American Honda Motor Co. Inc. also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda CR-V Fires Stem from Oil Changes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642