Honda Motor Co. Ltd. posted fiscal-2002 third quarter earnings of ¥115.1 billion ($961 million), an increase of 40% vs. like-2001. Consolidated net sales equaled ¥1,989.2 billion ($16.6 million), up 13.3% from like-2001. Consolidated operating income for the quarter was ¥158.9 billion ($1.3 million), a 2.7% gain on third quarter 2001. Honda credits the increase to higher revenue for every product category, its cost-cutting strategies and the depreciation of the yen. Unit sales totaled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Earns $961 Million in Third Quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642