DETROIT — It was little more than a year ago, at the North American International Auto Show, that American Honda Motor Co. Inc. honcho Richard A. Colliver found himself besieged by the automotive press. Inquiring minds wanted to know if a rumor spreading like wild fire through the press corp was true — was Ford Motor Co. buying Honda Motor Co. Ltd.? In the heady wake of DaimlerChrysler AG's surprise marriage, merger mania was at the top of every reporter's short list. Any tale, no matter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda hangs tough through heated hearsay" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642