Honda Motor Co. Ltd. plans to expand a plant in the Philippines for manufacturing transmissions, representing a 770 million peso ($15.5 million) investment. The move will allow Honda to increase exports of manual transmissions from the ASEAN region. The plant is expected to export 140,000 transmissions worth about $650 million annually, officials say. Honda and rival Toyota Motor Corp. are among the country’s largest vehicle assemblers.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Invest in Philippines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642