SAN FRANCISCO – American Honda Motor Co. Inc. may show a multipurpose vehicle concept at this fall’s Los Angeles auto show, a company official tells Ward’s here. However, a production MPV is unlikely, as sales of the only true MPV in the U.S. market, Mazda Motor Corp.’s Mazda5, are below expectations. Mazda hoped to sell 20,000-25,000 units annually and looked to be headed in that direction after a strong start last summer. But sales have slowed, with only 12,567 deliveries since the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda May Show Concept, But Production MPV Not Likely" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642