American Honda Motor Co. announces it will increase production and U.S. availability of the first in-the-U.S. gasoline-electric hybrid — the Insight. The initial sales target of 4,000 units annually for 2000 has left an unexpected shortage of Insights in the U.S. market. The average wait for Honda's “green” 2-seat coupe is, “Depending on the area, two to three months, minimum,” says Honda's Art Garner in a conversation with WEVTU. The increase will produce a 50% boost in availability, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda: more Insight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642