TROY, MI – Although rival Toyota Motor Corp. has said it will produce some of its hybrid gas-electric models in North America, the market where they sell best, Honda Motor Co. Ltd. does not have a similar strategy. “We have no plans at this point to produce hybrids here in North America,” Larry Jutte, senior vice president and general manager-parts and procurement for Honda of America Mfg., tells Ward’s at an event here. Honda Accord Hybrid “Certainly it’s something that buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Not Yet Ready for Local Hybrid Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642