Honda Precision Parts of Georgia LLC begins mass production May 12 of 5-speed automatic transmissions by announcing it will expand the facility, located in Tallapoosa, GA. HPPG says it will invest $50 million to add 100,000 sq.-ft. (9,290 sq.-m) to the 250,000-sq.-ft. (23,226-sq.-m) plant. The funding will go toward the addition of aluminum die-casting and machining operations, as well as other in-house production capabilities, Honda says. Employment will rise to 440, the company says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Plant Begins Transmission Output, Announces Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642