SAO PAULO – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. has begun selling its Fit small car in Brazil. The Fit, which bases at about $11,500, is being produced locally at Honda’s plant in Sumare, Sao Paulo, some 80 miles (129 km) from here. “The Fit arrived at a critical moment, with strong competition in the Civic segment – especially (from) the Toyota Corolla,” says Andre Ribeiro, owner of Andre Ribeiro Honda, a local dealership. The competition makes it “hard to keep the dealers happy with only one model ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Puts Fit on Sale in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642