CHICAGO – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. still is not sure whether producing gas-electric hybrid vehicles (HEVs) in the U.S. is a good idea. The auto maker, which offers three HEVs for sale in the country: the Insight, Civic Hybrid and Accord Hybrid, says the tale of the tape is yet to be written on the future of alternative powertrains and, as such, it has no plans in the near future to produce its hybrids outside of Japan. Honda Insight. “I would say we're still a little more cautiously ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Still On Fence Over U.S. Hybrid Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642