NOVI, MI – American Honda Motor Co. Inc.’s poor-selling Insight won’t dissuade the brand from launching more hybrid-electric vehicles, a top official says. “We got a ‘C’ on one paper, (but) we’ll come back. It’s a long semester,” John Mendel, executive vice president-American Honda, tells Ward’s at a media event here. Honda has sold 15,791 Insights since U.S. sales were launched in March. The auto maker initially targeted an annual rate of 90,000 deliveries. Mendel believes low gas ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Still High on Hybrids Despite Slumping Insight Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642