What once was the Ford GT40 is now the Ford GT. Originally, the 40 stood for how many inches high the original race car stood. Ford failed to deal on obtaining GT40 name, says one of the trademark owners. Unfortunately for the three men who own the rights to the name, the media reported that 40 also stood for how many millions of dollars they wanted to collect from Ford Motor Co. to use on the name on its new super car. According to Bob Wood, one of the three partners at Safir ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"How Fordâ€™s GT Lost Its 40" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642