General Motors Corp. has bought what it has struggled to build — a powerful brand name that can compete with Jeep and Ford trucks. GM last week signed a memorandum of understanding with AM General Corp. to acquire exclusive worldwide rights to the Hummer brand name — and scuttlebutt says a GM Hummer concept vehicle will be unveiled at the Detroit auto show in January. A final agreement should be completed in two to three months. The companies currently are working on how to leverage the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hummer Joins GM Lineup; Concept on Tap?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642